Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sometimes I feel this house is made for a "different kind of lady"

Happy Sunday Y'all...
It's Snowing :) 
and I am cuddled around my table sipping on coffee..

Hope all is well in blogland....
things are "going good" here...we are adjusting!!

BUT, I HAVE TO SAY WE HAVE SOME PROGRESS
#1. We are getting mail @ our new house...very symbolic in my eyes
#2. We got stone...
The  bottom is going in today, but top is complete!!!

I have to say it looks really good...better then I could have ever pictured.

I look at my house and can't believe it will be ours....
All the work Travis did is finally taking shape and with a month or two...
we will be enjoying the "fruits of his labor"....

SOMETIMES,
in all honesty, 
I feel I don't deserve it....
I feel that a house like this is made for a "different kind of lady"
a domestic, 
beautiful women 
....who is organized and makes pies

That is not me....
why do I get to enjoy it?

I am not a good cleaner..
I may not use the double ovens...
but, I will use the double dishwashers.....LOL :)

I feel lucky
I feel grateful
I hope to share it with all my friends and family
and inspire people to know that
when you set your mind to something...
IT TRULY CAN HAPPEN...

I'm no Martha....but I will thank God Every day for allowing me to lay my head in that home...

Now on a lighter Note...


I want to add one thing...It's a ....THROW BACK :)
.....I wanted to go back,
to my "martha day"...

Yes, I have them once it a while...
it's a day where I do something crafty and feel "domestic"...
We all know I am not,but on this day I did....

I'm going back a little...so hang on!!

There are two things I really Love when I decorate:
#1. Chalkboards
#2. Magnet boards

So...I put the two together and created something....

Let's go Stepy by Stepy!

#1. The Original Magnet board from Ikea, $10.00
Love it plain, I put it against my chalkboard wall and had it has a "hang place"...but I decided to try something...


Here is the magnet board plain...


Here is the Magnet Board After:
Magnet board & chalkboard...
Just added chalkboard paint...... :)
~Add a magnet on the bottom and botta bing botta boom ;)



Now, Go be Martha's :)
Never Mind...Be who you want to be!!!
Luvs,
Shelby

Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts