Saturday, May 11, 2013

My How To :) Adding a little "personal touch" to your home~


...Happy Saturday Bloggets :) Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!! I cannot believe this but my hubby and I are going on a date today~alone!!!!!! This never happens!! It has been over a year~not exactly sure~since dear hubby and I went somewhere by ourselves!! We always have one of the dear children with us :)
My Dear Hubby :)

.....So I am actually going to try to get ready and look hot, no cute, ok acceptable for dear hubby today :) BUT, I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU GUYS HANGING SO I WANTED TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH MY LADIES & GENTS (if there are any :))
Years Ago, I did a piece called Stripes or No Stripes and I Recreated it!!

In previous home~hallway
IT'S ABOUT ADDING STRIPES TO A PLAIN WALL TO ADD A LITTLE "SPUNK" OR "PERSONAL TOUCH" TO YOUR HOME!

Could not find source on this picture.
***Do your walls need something? Are you looking to add an exciting element to your home? If so, then this is the article for you. Adding stripes to a plain wall can make a big impact on your home. Follow these basic instructions and you be on your way to stripes in no time! 


To start:
#1. Measure 7.5 inches from the top of the wall down and 7.5 inches from the bottom of the wall and draw a line. These are your starting points. Using a chalk line, lazer, or tape measure draw the line continuous down the wall.

#2. Once you have measured your initial lines. Measure 15 inches between them until your are done. Each 15 inches measure a line.

#3. Once you have measure the lines, it is now time to start taping. Tape of the lines you have measured. I use painters tape as it comes off nice and easy.

#4. Let's Paint! You need two different colors of paint. You will be going every other row. The key is to do one color at a time! Once you have done one color, remove the painters tape, and continue with the next color.

#5. See the beautiful results and admire them all day!

****Hope my ladies in blogland have an amazing day~wish me Luck on my Date!
Shelby


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts