Thursday, October 31, 2013

Do you ever feel the Pressure of the Pumpkin?

 
Happy Halloweenie :)
Hope everyone is getting ready for a busy night of trick or treating!
I love Halloween.
It's one of my favorite seasons....
 
I was looking @ my "fall bucket list" to see if I got somethings crossed off the list.
I am happy to report we have done many things....
 
BUT...
there were somethings I couldn't cross off and that got me thinking...
 
Do you ever feel the pressure of the Pumpkin?
 
What is the Pressure of the Pumpkin you may ask?
 
It is a mothers pressure to make sure your child has a wonderful Halloween holiday season filled with:
pumpkin patches, hayrides, nature walks, night of carving that perfect pumpkin, the perfect Halloween Treats, the perfect costume, the perfect night of trick or treating...
...sometimes the Pressure of the Pumpkin puts unneeded pressure on the mother...
 
Why as moms do we sometimes feel we our failing if we can't do everything on our lists?
and
who made these lists? Is she a real person?
Does this list maker have a job, a budget, a maid? Argh!!
 
...This season I unfortunately felt the pressure....
I don't want to feel pressure..
 I want it to be carefree fun....!!!!
 
So tonight Enjoy your Halloween...
..If there costumes aren't perfect
..If you didn't make a spooooky dinner
or
If you don't get to every relatives house..Don't Panic...
 
Just Enjoy the Night and Do the Best You can!
You are one person!!
 
....be proud of youself for what you have accomplished....
Don't think about what you haven't...
 
My Goal for Tonight is To Relax and Enjoy My kids, friends, and Family...
 
...I may even enjoy my own "treat" tonight :)
Don't Judge Me....
 
You know what would be super embarrassing...Is if nobody feels this pressure.
That just makes me feel even more crazy then I already am :)
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN y'ALL..
..Smile for the kids & Laugh in the Craziness....
 
Shelby
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts