Monday, November 4, 2013

What kind of cheerleader have You been for Your family?


Happy Monday  Peep's...
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Mine was pretty busy...
 
 
 

Between.
#1."crafting" 
...oh my gosh that sounds sooo funny...
(crafting & Shelby in the same sentence)
and 
#2. cheering...
My son had his first few bantam hockey games..
and there was checking involved!!
....So, I hung out at the rink
and
watched the games
well...
monitored his every move..
praying he did not get hurt!.
.... The other parents and I were there in the stands
Cheering our children on!:)

Things Like:
"You can do it!"
"Go buddy"
As I write about cheering him on
....I stop and think.....

...What Kind of a cheerleader have I been for my family?
I know I am loud at the rink...where others see and hear me
(where I appear a fun, loving cheering mother)
 but,
 am I a positive cheerer off the ice?,
behind the closed doors of our home?

...I hope I am, but I know I could do soooo much better!!

I ask myself...
Do I make sure I am cheering my family members through all occasions in life...big or small?
...I  want to be the type of mother and wife
who is a supportive in and out of the stands!!!
In everyday Life...
From around the home~to school~ to the rink!
To my husbands job...
To his dreams...
To his decisions for our family...
To my son's and daughter's dreams and aspirations...

What kind of cheerleader are you?
Do you cheer for all to hear, but in the privacy of your home stop cheering?
or
Do you take the cheers you learned and apply them in your everyday home life?

We need to be our Husbands and Childrens #1 Cheerleader....
*They need to know that home is where support will always be...
When the outside world is scary, dark, and negative..
They can count on us to build them up!!

If you know in  your heart you are a great cheerleader at home...Keep Cheering :)
BUT..
If you are like me and feel that you have more work to do...
Maybe too often finding the negative
You need to keep practicing those cheers...
...Keep practicing & Stay Positive!!

To be honest:
My practice  has been coming through prayer..
..I am praying to be a loud cheerleader in my husband and children's lives...
in and out of the stands...
behind the doors of our home...
where just you and your family are...
because that is the real you!!



If you believe in the power of prayer as I do...
Ask the Lord for help..
Ask your friends for help....
Ask your family!
Try..
Wearing something to remind you to be a cheerleader for your children!!
(a orange bracelet or a special ring)


YOU MUST KNOW...
We all will fall and tumble...
But a great cheerleader is one who gets up and Keeps Cheering..
One, even when the team is behind, she believes...
She believes in the importance of her job!!
keep trying.....Don't give up!

Cheers,
Shelby



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts