Sunday, January 19, 2014

"You really have the wrong Shelby, this is me here!"

Happy Sunday Everyone! Hope everyone is having a blessed day! I came across this picture and it speaks words to how I am feeling lately. It states, "I have decided to follow Jesus...No turning back!
 

Do you ever commit to Jesus and then get scared? Do you ever promise to change, promise to pray and then feel frightened or unmotivated and run the other way? Often times I've said, "I promise God I'll go to church every Sunday if this works out!" It works out and I go to church one or two Sundays and it starts to taper off! 

Some examples you may say or hear maybe....
...If that lump in my mammogram comes back with no cancer?
...If I get this raise?
...If I get that job?
...If my marriage survives?
...If I get pregnant?
...If I get that house?
...IF I don't get caught?
...If I loose this weight?
I promise, I promise God I will change and Believe in you. Have you ever experienced this?
I know I have!
 BUT...THIS TIME I AM COMMITTING, I am not turning my back anymore. Even when things don't turn out the way I hoped, I need to stay committed.

I have to honestly say, I have always seen myself as a faithful person, however, I can't always say I have been obedient. Being Obedient to Jesus is much, much more powerful.

You guys know that I have been feeling a strong call to the orphans in Africa...so much, that I need to get there and go help.

But I am scared.

There are times I feel like saying,
 "No God, You really have the wrong girl! This is me here, Shelby, the one who can't get her life straight! The one who hides dirty pans in the oven when people come over. The one who has baskets and baskets of laundry filling up her laundry room, the one who cries out at night for peace and quiet! Ya~that's me!!! The wrong Shelby! Lord, Please Find the right Shelby, the one who is worthy, the one who is organized, the one who has it all together. What can I possibly do for any girl in Africa? I am here, they are there~you just don't have the right one!

BUT, THEN I HEAR IT...Again and Again so Loud, so clear..
"Shelby, it is you, the one who must Go to them!" I plug my ears, LA<LA<LA..but the voice remains and I give in. Okay, I'm taking this for what it is. I am going for it!

Do you ever feel this loud voice telling you to do something, but you think God has the wrong person? Think about how much you may have missed.

Do you ever feel unworthy of tasks the Lord wants you to fill?
The Lord picks the willing....we must be willing! The closer we get to him, the louder he is.
So, I will continue to pray and find a way to help the hungry, scared, abused, neglected orphans who right now have no one but their faith!! I ask you to help if you can. Pray for the hungry. Pray that I find the child who needs me.
My prayer for you~
I PRAY THAT YOU DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THAT LOUD VOICE, EVEN IF YOU FEEL THE HURDLE IS TOO BIG OR YOU ARE NOT WORTHY...YOU ARE WORTHY, YOU ARE STRONG!

Love, Shelby
To help the orphans of Uganda, please check out their website.
Think about sponsoring a child.
www.amazima.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts