Saturday, June 7, 2014

Why is there an uncomfortableness with the "G" word?

Why is Everyone so uncomfortable with the "G" word?

Hi Everyone..missed you lately...
I have been pondering this thought, here I go:

Why is there is an uncomfortableness with the "G" word
.."G" word you ask, what's that?

That is God.
Yes God.
The Creator of Heaven and Earth.
The man who sent his only son Jesus Christ to save our sins so we can rest in eternal peace in Heaven.
The God who gave you your children.
Your life.
This world.
I LOVE GOD,
 I PRAY TO GOD,
I WANT EVERYONE TO know I FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST.
That is important in my heart.
I don't want that to be off limits in our conversations.
God is Center of my life and all the amazing things he has done in my life
will come up in conversation..

I often feel when I bring up this topic..
people think I am saying the "F" word...

We can talk about sex.
We can talk about money.
Our husbands
drinking, drugs, rock n' roll
All our new toys
Our amazing plans
The trips we are taking
Our great children, our great lives...

But, 
for some reason I have found that 
the "G" word is off limits!!

Not off limits to me!!

Our society needs to 

Start getting Comfortable with God
and
Start getting uncomfortable
 with what society is putting in our children's brains
and on our televisions
and in their ear buds.

I want other to know that talking about your faith is acceptable.
You can talk with me about your prayers, your faith, and you spiritual path.

That is important/
Because without God nothing else matters.

I will pray with you.
I will talk with you.
I want you to know the "G" word is 
NOT OFF LIMITS TO ME!!

God is Alive..
in my heart 
and
I pray that he is in yours too!

Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts