Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Save the cute shoes and pain for the Ladies...they appreciate it more!

The other day "dear hubby" and I had a few hours alone, we ran to Duluth to do a couple errands and grab a bite to eat. I was very excited for our "mini date", it has been so long since it was just the two of us alone! I was like a 16 year old girl again, getting ready for her first date!

As I was getting ready that morning, I put on my new pair of Vanity jeans that were just a bit  too long! I thought, well it is a date, I better pair these cute jeans with a high heal. I thought about how "dear hubby" would really love these shoes and think that my jeans looked cute too :)



WELL...that plan didn't go as great as I thought.  A few shops into our date and the "clickity clack" and squeaking noise became a little hard to avoid in Home Depot.  The pain also was becoming unbearable and silently under my breath I was saying "ouch!" It didn't take long for dear hubby to notice my limping!

He looked down at my shoes and said
"why are you wearing those today honey, they look pretty uncomfortable!"

My response was quick, "I just wanted to look cute for you today!"
His response, "I didn't even notice those shoes until you started to make so much noise!"

We both started laughing, deep down I was a little perturbed. Here I was trying to impress him with cute shoe, in pain, and the shoes were the last thing he would notice!!

..Let me preface by saying the pain wasn't bad...it was Extreme!!
The shoes were hurting beyond belief and I was starting to limp between steps. I could not keep up!
The blisters were multiplying with each step I took. Pretty soon, I could no longer walk from the cart to the stores the pain had gotten so bad! 

I SURRENDER TO THE HEAL...YOU WIN, I LOSE!
no more heals, no more blisters...I give up!!

~we headed home and I was barefoot the whole way~the day was great but my feet hurt like heck!
~when we arrived home, I took a hot bath and soaked my feet! I thought about the days events! Why was I trying to impress "dear hubby" after all these years with cute shoes~he didn't even notice. I could have worn any shoe and it wouldn't have made a difference.

*Ladies, our husbands love us not for what we wear...they love us for who we are!! 

TAKE MY ADVICE: SAVE THE CUTE SHOES FOR THE LADIES...THEY APPRECIATE IT MORE! 

Loving my Ladies & their shoes~
Sincerely,
Painful In Heals
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts